Season Two is Even Spookier: Stranger Things

Alexandra Slaid, Staff Writer

This Friday, the iconic cast of Stranger Things returns for season two. Stay tuned to see what’s in store for the most anticipated premiere of this Halloween season.

The door to the Upside Down is open, giving Eleven the perfect opportunity escape or be rescued. The boys—Mike, Lucas and Dustin—will be back, as well as Will, who we will be seeing a lot more of since his return from the Upside Down. Although Will’s character hid in the shadows of the first season, he will be playing a much larger role in season two.

If you’re hoping for Barb to make a miraculous reappearance, you’re out of luck; she’s long gone. However, the infamous face of the lovable Winona Ryder will indeed be returning as the frazzled mother of Will.

The world of hopeless romantics will be satisfied as Nancy and her manipulative boyfriend, Steve, are the romantic relief of the show. A love triangle is making its way to season two as well—does Jonathan get past his shyness and pursue Nancy? Perhaps some conflict will arise between the two boys.

Now it’s time for the audience to think about the next step. Where do we go from here? Viewers are wondering how the gang is going to find Eleven. Rumors surfacing tell us she will be appearing in an unknown number of episodes this season, so there should be plenty of unexpected surprises.

One reason people love Stranger Things is for the thrilling jump scares. According to actor Finn Wolfhard (Mike), this season will be “a lot more dark.” The show is about to get a lot spookier, and it will arise from both external and internal elements. If you’re a thrill-lover, you will be pleasantly surprised by this horror-oriented show.

Fans will be waiting on the edge of their seats for Stranger Things season two. Celebrate Halloween the right way; pop some popcorn and get together with your friends to find out what Stranger Things has in store for every spooky fan!