Leaves are Falling, Autumn is Calling!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Leaves are Falling, Autumn is Calling!

Alexandra Slaid, Staff Writer

With vibrant displays of crimson, gold and orange, it is safe to say fall is officially here! Even though the cool autumn air has not come yet, there are endless opportunities to celebrate the upcoming season.

Apple Picking
‘Tis the season for apple picking! There are many apple farms at your disposal, including Eckert’s in St. Louis, Centennial Farms in Augusta, Lakeview in St. Peter’s and more. Remember, an apple a day keeps the doctor away!

Make an Autumn Playlist
Nothing feels quite right in the fall without an autumn playlist blasting in the background. Whether you are sitting by the fire, sipping hot apple cider or chilling in your room by candlelight, it is important to set the fall mood. Create the perfect soundtrack to accompany you on all your fall adventures. “You and I” by Pvris, “Killing You” by Broods and “Got Your Number” by Serena Ryder are solid additions to your autumn playlist.

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
You might think you know everything about fall, but did you know you can actually taste it? The world’s favorite seasonal drink is back and better than ever. Available at Starbucks and QuikTrip, the infamous pumpkin spice latte is sure to warm you up.

Peep Some Leaves
Cruising along the twists and turns of countryside back roads is just one of life’s many blessings. During autumn, it is especially wonderful to admire the brilliant coloration of the foliage. When your drive comes to an end, gather up as many leaves as you can find and dive in!

Go on an A-MAZE- ing Adventure
No trip to the pumpkin patch is complete without weaving your way through a corn maze. Nothing beats the rush of adrenaline caused by dashing through corn stalks towering over a path toward the an anticipated caramel apple. Are you up for it?

Transitioning from summer to winter is difficult, but the exciting activities available during fall make the temperature drop slightly more bearable. Fall flies by, so be sure to grab a pumpkin spice latte to fuel your energy for this upcoming season.

About the Writer
Alexandra Slaid, Staff Writer

Alexandra is a senior at St. Dominic High School. Aside from singing in the choir, she is involved in AD club and bowling club. In her free time, she enjoys...