Think Outside the Chocolate Box

Kaitlyn Bross

Valentine’s Day is already mundane enough without you buying the typical chocolates, flowers and Hallmark cards. It is time to think outside the “chocolate box” and give the even greater gift of your love this Valentine’s Day. Without busting the bank, think about how you can show those you love how much they mean to you with these awesome gifts.

1. Desktop Basketball is $35 at Uncommon Goods, and will bring endless fun to the guy in your life. It’s a creative gift that he will inevitably use.
  2. Pac-Man on the go is $25.95 at Urban Outfitters for the gamer in everybody. You can go more retro and gift this timeless game.
  3. Hit up Target to buy a rocking pair of socks for either your guy or gal. They have great styles and probably the perfect fit for the ones you love.
  4. Bendy Heart Ring is the perfect, dainty piece of jewelry for the special girl in your life. It’s $9.03 on Etsy from Bex Bea, made with love for your significant other.
  5. The perfect gift to feed your loved one (and yourself) is a Chick-Fil-A heart-shaped nugget box. It has 32 delicious nuggets, and it will be the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day.
  6. Aloe plants are the perfect, low maintenance gift to plant. With soothing aloe inside of its leaves and a great, trendy look, you can purchase this plant at Home Depot for $14.99.
  7. This Lock and Key Chain is a great gift for your significant other, while giving you a piece too. On Amazon for only $9.78, it’s a great bargain (and you can never have enough keychains)!
  8. Finally, everyone will adore a heartfelt card made by hand for this special day. This can be done last minute, for all those who are forgetting until just now. All that it requires is some heartfelt words and maybe a doodle here and there. This gift is perfect for mom, dad, boyfriend, girlfriend or just the favorite member of your squad.

It doesn’t take much to make Valentine’s Day special for the ones you love. You don’t need to buy the most expensive gift or go to the fanciest restaurant. What matters is who you choose to spend this day of love and laughter with.

About the Writer
Kaitlyn Bross, Editor-and-Chief

Kaitlyn Bross is a senior here at St. Dominic High School. Besides being the Editor-in-Chief of Crusader Nation, she is involved with varsity lacrosse, theater productions and peer ministry.  She asks that you read the paper and hopes that you have a completely wonderful day!