Big Turnout for Freshman Cheer

Back to Article
Back to Article

Big Turnout for Freshman Cheer

Stephen Cole, Staff Writer

Although cheerleading tryouts typically see a big turnout every year, this year an extraordinary total of 35 freshmen girls have showed up to compete for spots on the squad.

“I am over the moon excited about the freshmen turnout this year… it’s always great to see the program grow!” varsity cheer coach Michelle Staebell said.

Coach Staebell is thrilled about the new talent coming in and how it will benefit each team.

“I always look to the freshmen to use this year as learning year to prepare for JV and for JV to prepare for varsity, and varsity is the top, so I always want them to get better and better and try each year to bring new and challenging material to the table,” Staebell said.

Besides the fun opportunity to hang out with your friends and cheer on your fellow Crusaders, cheer impacts every member on the squad by teaching them valuable lessons.

“With my two years of cheer at St. Dominic, I’ve loved the opportunity to perform in front of a crowd and bring a positive energy and school spirit to our community. Plus it has helped me grow in confidence and I know that I will continue to learn so much throughout my time in Dominic cheer” Staebell said.

The new cheerleaders will find an awesome home with St. Dominic’s cheer team as they get to promote school spirit and grow in our community.