High Hopes for 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

High Hopes for 2019

Kate Ryan, Staff Writer

With a number of exciting movies, albums and gaming software coming out, this new year will be filled to the brim with fresh entertainment. The year 2019 is sure to be a promising year for people young, old and anywhere in between.

Disney tops the list of highly anticipated movies with a wide variety of exciting new releases planned for this year.

For the Marvel fandom, the movie Avengers: Endgame is a can’t miss event.. Endgame is a follow up of the movie Avengers: Infinity War and fans all around the world are beyond excited about this highly-anticipated film.

On the Pixar side of things, Disney is releasing yet another epic sequel, Toy Story 4. For those of you who are big fans of the past Toy Story movies, this is a must-see film.

Now don’t think 2019 forgot about all of the music fanatics out there… popular artists are coming out with new music to keep your ears entertained all year long. Famous rapper Cardi B says “of course” there will be a new album coming out in the new year, and well-known 17 year old singer Billie Eilish has assured fans to be expecting a new album out early in 2019. Additionally, acclaimed pop singer Ariana Grande has told her fan base she will release her album, Thank U, Next, in 2019. It is going to be a big year for all artists releasing new songs, so stay tuned for the new music.

Last but not least on our 2019 entertainment list are improvements in the video game industry. There are rumors that a Google gaming platform is expected to be released soon. This new gaming platform would allow for better play on smaller gaming platforms. The Cloud based computing means that more well-known and bigger software can have longer lasting and betterperformance. With this new and improved platform, users will be able to play bigger and more exciting games on a small platform.

Through all of the exciting new advances in the various entertainment industries, 2019 holds many surprises and improvements in its respective categories. So movie-lovers get your popcorn, music fanatics grab your speakers and video game enthusiasts get your controllers; 2019 surely won’t disappoint.

About the Writer
Kate Ryan, Staff Writer

Kate Ryan is a sophomore at St. Dominic, she’s involved in CRU and was a part of the varsity swim team here last season,played for the soccer team and...