‘Tis The Season To Help Those In Need

Back to Article
Back to Article

‘Tis The Season To Help Those In Need

Katie Donnelly, Staff Writer

The holiday season is a time for giving and helping others. With Christmas right around the corner, there are many giving opportunities through service and donations.

One way to help out this Christmas is volunteering at a soup kitchen. Meal preparation, serving guests food and assisting in receiving donations is a great way to help those who are less fortunate. Many soup kitchens are in desperate need of volunteers, and it is a simple act to help others, especially during the holiday season.

Toys for Tots is an amazing way to help children in need this Christmas. Toys for Tots is a program run by the U.S. Marine Corps in which they give toys to children whose parents can not afford any. Since 1947, they have supported 251 million children in need. You can either donate toys or necessities to the organization or donate money through their website.

Visiting the elderly in a retirement home or those in the hospital can make a big difference in someone’s day. Many patients feel lonely without family during the holiday season. Company can help patients feel at home. The simple act of having a conversation, playing cards or serving dinner can have a great impact on someone.

Helping others this season is a great way to do something impactful with your family or friends. It can bring joy to you and others. Showing love and kindness to those in need this holiday season is a wonderful way to get into the Christmas spirit of giving. Bring friends and family along to help spread joy to others this Christmas!

About the Writer
Katie Donnelly, Staff Writer

Katie Donnelly is a sophomore this year at St. Dominic High School. She is involved in the soccer program and enjoys spending almost all of her free time...