Girls Basketball Bouncing Back

Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls Basketball Bouncing Back

Jessica Bodmer, Staff Writer

After winning districts last year, the team is practicing harder than ever to be successful throughout the season.

With their first game in a little over a week, seniors Mackenzie Ballard and Catie Poli are leading the many younger players on the court. The two seniors have been playing together since freshman year. Now that they are seniors, they must fill the shoes of the players that they looked up to last year.

“Mackenzie and I have gotten really close over the years and it is fun sharing the last year with her,” said Poli.

As their high school basketball career comes to a close this winter, they are both striving to make the most out of it.

The whole team has been practicing around the clock, working to learn new plays and routines. Their shoes are squeaking on the gym floor, ready for any obstacle that comes their way. The team’s work ethic and motivation during practice is proving strong promise for the season.

“The practices have been going well; we are already building a family,” said Ballard.

Having five freshman on varsity has not phased the team whatsoever. They continue to have the same goals and strive for the district championship again, hopefully creating more opportunities for themselves as well.

Even though the season has barely begun, do not forget to keep track of your Crusaders and their progress throughout the winter! Make sure to come cheer them on at Troy Buchanan November 19th at 7:00pm for their first game!

About the Contributors
Jessica Bodmer, Staff Writer

Jessica Bodmer is a junior at St. Dominic High School. She is involved in soccer, cross country, CRU, Pro Life, AD Club, and Outreach. Outside of school...

Anna Fernandez, Staff Writer

Anna Fernandez is a junior here at St. Dominic High School. She is involved in CRU, Track and Field, Ambassadors, Transfer Mentor Program, and Photography...