Clipping for a Cause

The awesome girls who donated their hair!

Renee Thomas

Renee Thomas

Emma Henke, Staff Writer

This past Tuesday, 34 St. Dominic students donated over 280 inches of hair to Children With Hair Loss. This event is a great success every year and offers students an amazing way to reach out to the lives of young children.

Children With Hair Loss, or Locks of Love, is one of the greatest hair donation charities out there. Their main work is making wigs for young children who suffer from cancer or other conditions, and the organization gives the wigs to their families absolutely free of charge. Through their work, they help to rebuild confidence and self esteem in the kids affected by these illnesses.

Although the decision to donate can be difficult, 34 of St. Dominic’s girls selflessly gave eight or more inches of their hair to make a great difference in many people’s lives.

“I am so happy when I think about how my donation will affect others. It is the best feeling in the world to think that my donation will help a child feel confident and beautiful when they look at themselves in the mirror,” said senior Morgan Luetkenhaus.

For some, this wasn’t their first year donating. In fact, this was senior Haleigh Borich’s third time giving away some of her locks. Borich enjoys donating her hair because she knows it will benefit someone who needs it more than she does.

“I really enjoy donating my hair. My hair grows back really fast so I like taking the opportunity to donate my hair to kids who can’t grow their own,” said Borich.

Borich plans to continue donating her hair in the future.

The annual Children With Hair Loss drive is a wonderful, life-changing event at St. Dominic, and it was once again a success! By creating community and helping those in need, we make it possible to offer young kids a chance to boost their self-confidence. Thank you to everyone who donated!

About the Writer
Emma Henke, Staff Writer

Emma Henke is a junior at St. Dominic. She is involved in Cross Country, Track, Band, Ambassadors, and Pro-Life club. In her free time, Emma likes to cuddle with her dog Dexter, take Dexter for long car rides, and have coffee dates with her friends. Emma enjoys eating food constantly in both her free time and her busy hours. In the future, she would like to pursue a career in nursing.

“The biggest moron I’ve ever met.” – Samantha Slaid