Transitioning Into Fall Fashion

Kayla Merkle, Staff Writer

As summer comes to an end, this year’s fall trends are making a grand entrance in all the mainstream stores. Now all that’s needed is some chilly weather for everyone to start breaking out their fall fashion!

Overall Dresses
Overall dresses are very popular this year, and are perfect for the fall season. They can be worn with long sleeve or short sleeve shirts, and are a great transition piece if the weather isn’t too chilly yet. They come in all sorts of colors, the most popular being shades of denim and can also be paired with tights as it gets colder!

Layering
Putting on a few thin layers of different colors and textures is something simple that can add all sorts of autumn vibes to your outfit. Whether it’s cuffing sleeves underneath a sweater, wearing a vest over your top or wearing knee high socks with tights, layering is one of the timeless trends that is especially good for transitioning into the colder seasons.

Corduroy
The ‘70s are without a doubt making a drastic comeback. One of the biggest throwbacks coming back in style: anything corduroy. Corduroy is vintage and a little warmer — perfect for the autumn months. It also comes in many colors such as maroon, burnt orange and black rather than denim which is usually limited to light or dark wash.

These are just a few of the endless trends for the fall season. So move those summer clothes to the back of your closest, and get ready to look your best this fall!

About the Writer
Kayla Merkle, Staff Writer
Kayla Merkle is a senior this year at St. Dominic. She is involved in Peer Ministry, A.D. club, Ambassadors, and NAHS. Outside of school you can find her at Target, or jamming to the Mamma Mia! soundtrack in her car. She also enjoys country music, and spending time with her dogs.