60-Second Spotlight

Colby Koenig, Layout Editor

Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom

On June 22, make way for the indominus rex because the highly anticipated sequel to Jurassic World is chomping its way to theaters this summer. With a large fan-following consisting of adults and children alike, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom better not disappoint. Following the events of Jurassic World, this film focuses on the protection of the dinosaurs from a catastrophic volcanic eruption on the island. From what we’ve seen so far, it looks like this movie will have a more suspenseful and grim tone than the previous Jurassic Park films.

Rating: 8/10

Incredibles 2

Watch out, because Earth’s mightiest superheroes are fighting their way to your hearts on June 15. The long-awaited sequel to The Incredibles is finally arriving this summer. Despite being released 14 years after the original, Incredibles 2 picks up right where the first film left off and holds true to the sharp and witty humor of the animated classic. In this adventure, Elastigirl finally gets her time to shine as Mr. Incredible faces his toughest challenge yet— taking care of his three kids and Jack-Jack’s ever-changing powers.

Rating: 9/10

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Prepare for lightspeed! Solo: A Star Wars Story is coming to theaters near you on May 25. Although a controversial decision by Disney, the creation of this movie about Han Solo’s rebel past is sure to be a hit among fans. Even though the beloved Harrison Ford won’t be reprising his role as the infamous Han Solo, new actor Alden Ehrenreich has promise. Besides, with Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Solo already has the recipe for success. Let’s hope the force is with this film and that hypercritical Star Wars fans will be pleased.

Rating: 10/10