Summer Trends

Brooke Wood, Editor-and-Chief

Summer is almost here, which means summer trends are too. It’s time to shed those spring styles, and trade them in for sandals, dresses and all things summer. Every summer the big trends change, so here are some of the classic summer trends, and some new ones making a debut this season!

Birkenstocks

Birkenstocks are the perfect summer shoe. You can throw them on with a pair of athletic shorts and a T-shirt, or pair them with a sundress for a perfect casual look. Even though they’re a bit pricey, you’ll definitely get your money’s worth with the amount you’ll wear them throughout the summer!

Tube Tops

Tube tops were big in the ’90s, and they’re making an even bigger comeback this summer season. They’re the perfect top to almost any bottom. You can pair them with denim shorts, patterned shorts, or wide legged pants and wedges for a cute night-out look. The best part: tube tops are super comfortable. With their versatility and comfort, you’ll be throwing them on all the time this summer!

Swimsuits

Of course, swimsuits are a key part to summer. This year, many new swimsuits trends are hitting pools and beaches everywhere. Yellow bikinis are making an appearance in almost everyone’s closet. The bright color is perfect for summer and is a great compliment to a tan. High-waisted bottoms are also coming back this summer. Whether they’re solid colored or patterned, they go great with any cute bikini top.

Gingham

Move out of the way, stripes – gingham is coming back in full swing! Almost any summer piece comes in gingham nowadays. From shorts, to pants, to swimsuits, to dresses, gingham is the perfect pattern for any piece!

Whether you have a simple Birks and denim shorts style, or you like to dress up, summer provides the perfect opportunity to try out new trends. This summer, don’t be afraid to make a splash and try something new!

About the Writer
Brooke Wood, Editor-in-Chief

Brooke Wood is a senior here at St. Dominic High school. She is involved in CRU and the Outreach and Ambassador Clubs. In her free time you can catch her cradling down the lacrosse field or hanging out with friends. Brooke’s lived in four different states, her favorite being Hawaii. She loves wearing fun socks, going hiking and spending time with her family!