Crusader Camps

Darby Duncan, Staff Writer

Summer is right around the corner. With so much time on our hands, it can become much easier for us to suffer from boredom. However, St. Dominic has an answer. Over the summer, St. Dominic will be putting on a total of 18 summer camps, ranging from sports camps to theatre camp. This year, St. Dominic will also be hosting three brand new camps as well.

One of the new camps making its way to St. Dominic this year is Camp Innovation. This camp is for students in 6th through 8th grade and takes place two separate weeks, July 9-13, and July 16-20. Camp Innovation is a camp for kids who want to participate in hands-on learning and creating. Kids will get to be creative and collaborate together, while bringing their ideas to life.

Another new camp coming coming this year is Master Chef Jr. This camp is taking place on July 9-12. Master Chef Jr. has two sessions during the day. The first session is from 8:30-12 for kids in 3rd through 6th grade. The second session is from 12:30-4 for grades 7-12. Master Chef Jr. is a camp for kids who are fans of the hit TV show series, Master Chef. This new camp turns the TV show into a reality for the campers. They will be split into teams and compete in challenges just like the contestants on Master Chef. If cooking shows are something you love, be sure to check out Master Chef Jr.

The last new camp coming to St. Dominic this year is Bakeshop Favorites. This camp is taking place on July 16-19. Like Master Chef Jr., this camp is split into two sessions. The first session is from 8:30-12 and is for children in 3rd through 6th grade. The second session is from 12:30-4 and is for kids from 7th through 12th grade. Bakeshop Favorites is a camp for kids who love to bake. They will be learning to make everything from cookies to fresh bread. They will also learn many new skills such as kneading dough and creaming butter. If you love to bake, Bakeshop Favorites is the camp for you!

With all of these new camps coming this summer, we can’t forget about all of the other camps that are returning. There are camps for every sport offered here at St. Dominic. There is also a theatre camp, where campers will learn and put on a production of Annie. For more information on these camps visit http://www.stdominichs.org/summer-enrichment.html. With so many camps coming to St. Dominic, our summers will surely be full of fun.

About the Writer
Darby Duncan, Media Editor
Darby Duncan is a junior here at St. Dominic. She is involved in CRU, pro-life club, chamber choir and theater. She is also involved in softball, lacrosse and cheer. Her favorite activities include watching all 10 of the Children of the Corn films, obsessing over Johnny Depp and eating chicken.