There’s No Place Like Home: Farewell Mrs. Eaton

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sydney Hofstetter and Kaitlyn Bross, Copy Editor and Editor-in-Chief

Our beloved Mrs. Janet Eaton is taking on a new role as Superintendent of Catholic Schools in Wichita, Kansas. St. Dominic is sad to see her go, but we are so excited for her to take on this fantastic new role.

Mrs. Eaton’s family is from Kansas, and this change is bringing her close to home. Her time at Immaculate Conception of Dardenne Prairie and St. Dominic High School has shaped her as a person and professional, but it is time for her to move forward in her career.

“I believe wholeheartedly that this new position and the move to Wichita is a path that the Lord put in our hands. My time in Catholic education has never about climbing a ladder to a higher position; it has been all about ministering in the church through education. Wichita is my home diocese. It is where all of our family resides. Having been away for 19 years, I believe that we are now moving home because that is what God’s plan is for us. I am moving forward with complete trust that this is the right time for me to have this job. I have already shed tears over the thought of leaving St. Dominic and I am sure there are more to come,” said Mrs. Eaton.

Not only does Mrs. Eaton get to return to her roots, she will be able to continue working for the Archdiocese. She is truly a model of faith and can continue to thrive and inspire an entirely new community in Kansas.

“I am excited to continue ministering in Catholic education. In this role, I will be working with 38 schools across a wide area of Kansas! I am looking forward to meeting the faculty and staff of these schools, and to knowing how best I can serve them,” said Mrs. Eaton.

Mrs. Eaton has been such a blessing to St. Dominic and Immaculate Conception of Dardenne Prairie. She has touched the lives of countless students and faculty members, and we will miss her caring, driven personality in the St. Dominic halls. Mrs. Eaton is very appreciative of her time at St. Dominic and especially Ms. Cathy Fetter, who helped shape her into the wonderful administrator she is today.

“I have learned so very, very much in the past seven years. Having spent many years working at the elementary level, the move to St. Dominic allowed me to learn about secondary education. I owe a special thank you to Ms. Cathy Fetter! It was Ms. Fetter that invited me to be part of the St. Dominic community. From her and throughout these 7 years, I have come to love – absolutely love – working with high school students. In my position as superintendent, I will be working with four high schools and so my experience at SDHS is invaluable to me,” said Mrs. Eaton.

If you see Mrs. Eaton, make sure to congratulate her on this fantastic opportunity. We are so blessed to have her as our principal and we wish her luck on this new journey!